Saturday 8 January 2011

Happy (Belated) New Year!











A little later than customary, perhaps, but I wish everyone a happy new year and hope that, by now, you're well into the swing of things following the Christmas slump. Over the new year weekend, we not only welcomed in 2011 but also celebrated the birthdays of my grandma and uncle...high time for family feasting, I'm sure you'd agree, and here are some photos of the meals we enjoyed. My auntie's a bit of a whizz in the kitchen (i.e. you know you're gonna get a good feeding in this household) and the greatest comfort in their home is the warm, promising scent of the next meal being made. I aspire to create the same atmosphere in my future home.

By the way, you may be interested to know that my new year's resolution for this blog is to wave off laziness and welcome in adventurous...er, ness in venturing to post more of my own recipes, sharing with you both the delights and disasters which emerge from our kitchen. Posts may be brief and/or sparse at times, particularly during exam period (!), but I look to make whatever I publish more entertaining and enticing than a picture of our latest Sunday roast, or the success of my most recent attempt at making brioche.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment